PENTAX Firmware Update Software for OptioS5i
Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX OptioS5i digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of new Firmware Update Software for OptioS5i.
» Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.01
- Corrected the day/month reversed display error in English mode.
*The version number for this new firmware remain the same as 1.00
- Only OptioS5i users are permitted to download the firmware update.
Preparation of update
- Prepare a SD card (with minimum memory capacity of 8MB) for use in updating.
- USB Cable (I-USB7)
- AC adaptor kit (K-AC8 series) is recommended during firmware updating.
- When the rechargeable lithium-ion battery for OptioS5i (D-LI8) is used, make sure it is fully charged.
- If the power of the camera goes off due to a battery power shortage or any other reason during updating, the camera may become in-operatable unless repaired.
- If a repair is required as a result of a power shortage or mishandling during firmware updating, repair fees will be charged even if the camera is still under warranty.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : o5ie100w.exe
- For Macintosh : o5ie100m.sea.bin
Extract downloaded file
The download file will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking Readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details. Fwdc130p.bin: This is the Updated firmware.
Copy updated firmware to SD card
After formatting the SD card, copy the updated firmware to the route directory to the SD card
Please read the readme txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware